Whether you’ve attended the Industry Awards before or 2017 is your first time, check out our top tips for getting ready for the Industry Awards.
Where and when
This year the Industry Awards are on November 19 at the beautiful Cordis Hotel (formerly known as The Langham) in Auckland.
Doors open at 6pm. Make sure you’re on time to make the most of your evening!
What to expect
The Industry Awards is an exciting evening celebrating the best in hair and beauty, so you can expect an incredible experience to match. By purchasing a ticket to attend the Industry Awards you receive a selection of drinks and canapes, a delicious two course meal and amazing entertainment. Keep an eye out for an announcement about the entertainment very soon.
The Industry Awards is about celebrating and socialising with the hair and beauty industry. When you arrive at 6pm you’ll be treated to an hour and a half of drinks and delicious canapes, giving you the chance to catch up with your friends in the industry and meet hairdressers, barbers, and beauty therapists from across New Zealand. There will also be a longer break in the middle to give you a chance to enjoy your amazing dinner and chat with everyone at the event – not just the ten people at your table!
We all love to dress to impress, and if there’s ever a time for it, it’s the Industry Awards.
The dress code is cocktail: that means suits and ties, party dresses, or fancy skirts and tops. You can leave the jeans and (probably) the ball gowns at home – but if you want to dress up, go for it!
Now’s the time to go shopping in your wardrobe or plan an outing on your day off to find the perfect outfit. Make sure you fit in a bit of ‘you time’ too! Get a fresh cut and colour or a manicure – anything that will make you feel glam.
What to bring
- Your team! Ensure you’ve rounded them up for a fun night out. And if you’re not based in Auckland, then make it a team trip that you organise together. It’s Canterbury Anniversary on Friday the 17th of November, so why not make a long weekend of it?
- Bring your tickets – you can either print them out or bring them on your phone. Having your tickets makes everything a lot quicker and easier for you and for us. If you’re yet to purchase your tickets, you’ll need to get in quick – they’re selling fast. Buy your tickets here. You can also book your own table of 10.
- Your amazing personality!
- And of course energy for a great night of celebrations and dancing.
I’m a finalist, do I need to do anything?
If you’re a finalist, congratulations again. If you haven’t already, make sure you book tickets for you and your guests. You need to have your team or support crew there and ready for an amazing night. You can book your tickets here: https://www.iticket.co.nz/events/2017/nov/industry-awards-2017
We also suggest you jot down a few speech ideas so you’re prepared if you do win an award. Sometimes it’s hard to think of what to say when you’re surprised and excited.
Travel and accommodation
We hope you’re already making arrangements for your travel and stay in Auckland. Make sure you get in early while prices are still low. Grabaseat and Wotif usually have great deals.
What to do in Auckland
If you’re making a weekend of it, here’s some suggestions for having fun in Auckland:
- There are incredible restaurants and eateries.
- Check out the shopping!
- There’s some great places outside of Auckland Central that you can check out too.
- If you’re into attractions, see what the city has to offer here.
Hopefully you’re feeling ready for the Industry Awards. We can’t wait to see you all there!