In 2018 The Industry Awards will recognise the best business, training and creative talent in New Zealand’s hair, beauty and barbering industries.
We’ve brought together all aspects of our industries so there’s an award category to suit every hairdresser, barber and beauty therapist.
Business award categories
The business award categories celebrate the very best in business! They encompass all the facets that define business excellence – strong performance, growth, fantastic marketing, amazing design and sustainability.
The business award categories are:
- New Zealand Hair Salon of the Year
- New Zealand Beauty Salon of the Year
- Excellence in Marketing
- Sustainable Salon of the Year
- Best Salon Design
- Top Performing Stylist of the Year
Training award categories
These awards celebrate continued commitment to training and qualifications in the hairdressing, barbering and beauty industries. These awards are looking for the best apprentices, employers and businesses who show staff training success, and professional development in order to become 100% qualified.
The training award categories are:
- Apprentice of the Year
- Workplace of the Year
- Trainer of the Year
- Jasmine McBeth Memorial Scholarship
Creative award categories
Celebrating creativity, these awards look for stylists producing fashion forward work.
In honor of Derek Elvy, the creative awards now also include the Derek Elvy Visionary Award which asks entrants to create a photographic image that is beautiful but arresting, contemporary and directional and have a technical challenge to it.
The creative awards are:
- Editorial Stylist of the Year
- Editorial Stylist of the Year – Colour Concept
- Editorial Stylist of the Year – Le Male
- Editorial Stylist of the Year – Next Generation Stylist
- Editorial Stylist of the Year – Novice Champion
- Editorial Stylist of the Year – Derek Elvy Visionary Award
- Patrick Cameron Instagram Challenge – Under 4 Years in the Industry
- Patrick Cameron Instagram Challenge – Over 4 Years in the Industry
Want to know more about each of the award categories? Visit The Industry Awards website.
The Industry Awards 2018
To learn more about The Industry Awards 2018, visit our blog.