Whether you’ve attended The Industry Awards before or this year will be your first time, here’s the low down on what to expect!
Where and when
We are excited to be hosting The Industry Awards at the Cordis Hotel in Auckland on Sunday 8th November.
The event starts at 6:30pm and we encourage you to arrive on time to ensure you make the most of your evening! Given the year it’s been – it’s time to party!
What to expect
The Industry Awards event is a glamourous evening celebrating the best business, training and creative talent in the New Zealand hair, beauty and barbering industries. So you can expect an incredible experience to match!
Your ticket to The Industry Awards includes an evening of celebration, entertainment, drinks, delicious food and the opportunity to catch up with industry colleagues. When you arrive, you’ll be treated to drinks and delicious canapes until the ceremony starts at 7pm. There’ll be a break around 8pm to give you a chance to enjoy your dinner and chat with others at the event – not just the ten people at your table. After all the awards have been announced, the DJ will start the music! The dance floor will be open until 11.30 pm.
The Industry Awards is your opportunity to dress to impress! Want to stand out? Do it! Get creative with it (we know you know how).
The dress code is cocktail, so suits and ties, party dresses, or fancy skirts and tops. Don’t be afraid to get your glitz on!
What to bring
There are a few things you won’t want to forget:
- Your team. Take the opportunity to spend time with your team outside of the salon, spa or clinic and really celebrate your success. If you’re not based in Auckland, make a weekend of it!
- Your tickets. Print them out or bring them on your phone. Having your tickets makes everything a lot quicker and easier for you and for us.
- Your wonderful personality. Come prepared to socialise and dance the night away.
Congratulations once again to all our finalists!
If you’re a finalist, you’ll need to purchase tickets for you and your guests (if you haven’t already) so you can celebrate together.
If you win an award, we’ll call you on stage to accept it. A professional photographer will take a photo of the winner and their trophy during breaks between announcements.
Travel and accommodation
What to do in Auckland
Auckland is such an incredible city and there is so much to do. Here are some suggestions:
- Visit the great cafes and restaurants.
- Take a stroll around Viaduct Marina
- Visit Waiheke Island ‘the island of wine’
- Get adventurous and SkyWalk and Skyjump at the Auckland Sky Tower
- Shop at Commercial Bay – where the city begins!
We can’t wait to celebrate with you at The Industry Awards 2020!