We’re thrilled to be able to host The Industry Awards this summer, albeit slightly later than planned – but all good things come to those who wait!
Whether you’ve attended The Industry Awards before or this year will be your first time, here’s what to expect…
Where and when
The Industry Awards will be held at the Cordis Hotel in Auckland on Sunday 20th February 2022.
Please note that this is a vaccine pass event, so all attendees will be required to present their vaccine pass upon arrival at the Cordis. Enter at the Great Room front entrance at 83 Symonds Street, where staff will be available to welcome you and verify your pass. For more information on the Cordis Covid 19 measures, please visit their website.
What to expect
The Industry Awards event is a glamorous evening celebrating the best business, training, and creative talent in the New Zealand hair, beauty and barbering industries. So you can expect an incredible experience to match. Our celebrations are way overdue!
Your ticket to The Industry Awards includes an evening of celebration, entertainment, drinks, delicious food and the opportunity to catch up with industry colleagues. When you arrive, you’ll be treated to drinks and delicious canapes from 6.30pm until the ceremony, which starts at 7pm.
There’ll be a break around 8pm to give you a chance to enjoy your dinner and chat with others at the event – not just the people at your table. After all the awards have been announced, the DJ will start the music! The dance floor will be open until 11.30pm.
The Industry Awards is your opportunity to dress to impress! Want to stand out? Do it! Get creative with it (we know you know how).
The dress code is cocktail, so suits and ties, party dresses, or fancy skirts and tops. Don’t be afraid to get your glitz on!
What to bring
There are a few things you won’t want to forget:
- Your team. Take the opportunity to spend time with your team outside of the salon, spa or clinic and really celebrate your success. If you’re not based in Auckland, make a weekend of it!
- Your tickets. Print them out or bring them on your phone. Having your tickets makes everything a lot quicker and easier for you and for us.
- Your vaccine pass. This will need to be shown on arrival, so make sure you have it ready.
- Your wonderful personality. Come prepared to socialise and dance the night away.
Congratulations once again to all our finalists!
If you’re a finalist, you’ll need to purchase tickets for you and your guests (if you haven’t already) so you can celebrate together.
If you win an award, we’ll call you on stage to accept it. A professional photographer will take a photo of the winner and their trophy as soon as they come off stage.
Travel and accommodation
What to do in Auckland
Auckland is such an incredible city and there is so much to do. Here are some suggestions:
- Visit the great cafes and restaurants.
- Take a stroll around Viaduct Marina
- Visit Waiheke Island ‘the island of wine’
- Get adventurous and SkyWalk and Skyjump at the Auckland Sky Tower
- Shop at Commercial Bay – where the city begins!
We can’t wait to celebrate with you at The Industry Awards! Check out some of the highlights from last year’s event:
A note about COVID traffic light levels: We’ll be looking forward to seeing you all for this exciting event in either Orange or Green, but will regrettably have to cancel the event should Auckland move into Red. In the event of cancellation, all tickets will be refunded in full.